Thursday, September 20, 2007

Am I drinking to much water????




I always new I was drinking quite a bit of water on a daily bases and if anyone ever asked I would say 4 litres a day. But for the last month or so I have felt I have been taking in more.
So the last two days I decided to take note of my water consumption and was pretty suprised to see it was more than 7 litres a day!
Yes I pee every 40 - 60 minutes, but it seems the more I drink, the more I want.

Now can someone tell me if this is okay? Should I cut back, or try not to increase it anymore (by accident mind you), because I am hoping it's not going to hinder my comp day, I don't want to hold any on the day. What if I can't expel it all?
Am I sounding like i'm talking as if im carb depleted lol.

Someone set me straight.

Right now in every apect of my life everything is going so well....I am soooo happy right now. Life is just so good at the moment and it's a first for it to be this great during a comp prep.
My physique is smokin too, i'm coming in nicely.

Have a wonderful day guys.

Deb xxx

8 Comments:

Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

I actually drink around 6 litres a day easily (and yup I'm peeing constantly too!). The only thing when I come into comp is that I have to up it to nearly 10 litres, which is really hard to do!

Sounds like you're going well and you dont have much longer to go. Sending positive vibes your way hun xo

6:14 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Deb,
It is possible to take in too much water. There is a condition called Hyponatremia, where your cellmineral balance of sodium and potassium can get a bit messed up due to dilution. It can actually be quite dangerous BUT extreme cases of hyponatremia usually only occur when a person has consumed large amounts of water in a short period of time (such as 8 litres in 2 hours).
If you are concerned I would talk to your GP and ask about the possibility of having a full blood count done just to check that your blood potassium levels/balance is normal. (I'm sure it is)
Are you reall really thirsty or are you just drinking because it is habit? Because if you are really really thirsty that is sometimes a symptom of Diabetes - although I dont think you would have that with your diet being so Low GI.
My personal opinion is that 7 lt is too much - because most people only expel around 2 - 3 Litrs a day in urine with normal fluid intake - so that is what I normall aim to replace.
andjxx

7:54 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Hey Andj :-)
It's okay, it's just habit. My water bottle is with me all the time and I have formed a habit of picking it up every minute or so and sipping.
Then when I go and pee I go refil my bottle because it's empty and the cycle continues lol.

Hey Alicia :-)
Didn't realize you were consuming that much water either but as Lia and Danial mentioned in a call tonight, we must take into account the warm climate we are living in as well as other factors!

Take care,
Debs

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you were any fitter, healthier or happier you'd be dangerous Deb. LOL!! ;o) xx

8:54 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Lia, THANK YOU.
Thanks for your call it was so great to hear from you tonight.
Deb

9:26 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Deb, glad things are going so well for you. I have the opposite problem to you with the water - I struggle to drink enough. Before I started training for comps and trying to drink lots of water, I used to get headaches from dehydration. I am better with my diet than I am with my water, lol.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Good topic Deb. I probably have about 5-6 litres a day too. Most of it is force of habit but I am thirsty when I have it too if that makes sense. I was just putting it down to me talking too much ;p lol

6:55 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Awesome Deb that you are doing and feeling so great!!!

Not long now.

Alixxx

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home