Friday, July 20, 2007

Another change of plans

In regards to competing in New York in the Worlds I have to give up the opportunity to go. Don't feel sad for me as im okay with this decision :-)
My reasons for not going now is due to everything that has happened and to some new and unexpected news I recieved last night.
I recieved an email from the WNBF stating they had made an error on the costs for the trip which was $2000 and it has now blown out to around $3300. The thing is my husband and I just spent $2500 on a new back to base security system for our home and to help make my son feel safer. So those two put together I decided not to try and push it financially, I still need spending money on top of that and I don't think it's worth it for a week away.
I have already paid a deposit for this trip, not sure if it's refundable though.
So now I will focus only on the Nationals in Sydney and look forward to next year :-)

Im feeling better today, my stomach bug was really nasty. I lost 3kgs in a few days which is such a downer as its my "good" wieight that I lost and fluids of course. I am trying to rehydrate my body and eat healthy get better foods so i can really get stuck into the weight training next week.

Talk to you all soon.

Deb xxx

6 Comments:

Blogger Maraina said...

That's a good decision Deb. You can go and compete anywhere in the world but you and your family's safety is paramount now.

Here's wishing you get better soon! All the best.

Maraina
xx

2:27 PM  
Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

LOL i just sent you an email about the same thing :) New York here we DONT come!!!!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Maraina your comment was so lovely and I thank you for leaving it for me :-)
Family first always.
Hugs.

Alicia, I guess you not going just makes my decision to not go easier, knowing im not the only one that's pulling out helps :-) But for all the right reasons. At $2000 I thought it was worth it for the week, even with the cold brrrrrr.....
Talk soon.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

So glad to read that your son is feeling a lot better within himself, and so true, family are by far more important.

Hope you have made a full recovery from the bug you had, you will make up any lost ground very quickly I'm sure ;)

Alixxx

7:01 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Oh Deb, what a terrible week you have had. Hope that you get over your tummy bug soon. Hugs re the breakin. Hope they catch the idiots!! Glad that your son is slowly getting over the shock of it. I do worry about things like that happened in our home. Especially when my babies are home with us. Not nice at all.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Miss Positive said...

It must have been a tough decision Deb, but ultimately you've got to do what's right for you and your family.

Glad to hear that you're over your stomach bug, it sounds nasty!

Hilary

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home