Monday, July 16, 2007

Friday the 13th

Im not actually that superstitious but I always figured 13 was a lucky number for me, I guess I was wrong!!!
My home, my sanctuary, my favorite place in the world was broken into. We were robbed and vandalized during the day.
Many of our precious items were stolen and my walls, furniture and floors were trashed.
How has this impacted on me? I am fine as plasma tv's, laptops, ipods, etc can be replaced, walls an carpets can be cleaned. But what I cannot and will not accecpt is what it has done to my 9 year old son.
He went into a state of shock on friday night, my poor angel shivered and shook all night in my arms. He hasn't been able to hold down his food. I am completely beside myself about this, I feel so helpless.
My son is so home proud and he felt so very safe in his home, now he won't go upstairs on his own. This is going to take time to get through but my husband and I are there for him every step of the way.
He goes back to school tomorrow, I hope he will be ok.
Deb

8 Comments:

Blogger Magda said...

Oh Deb,

thats really awful and I feel for you and your family.

2 weeks ago we were broken into WHILE WE WERE ASLEEP IN OUR BEDS!! They took very little of value but left us feeling unsafe and insecure in what should be our "haven".

Its one of the most horrible things and it enrages me that there are lowlifes out there who dare to rip into my home and leave me feeling that way.

I hope your son recovers quickly. Just make sure you talk, talk and then talk some more to him about it. Time will heal.

Hugs

Magda

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

That must be the worse feeling, to have someone come into your property, your space. You are right, material things can be replaced but the feeling of having been violated and intruded on is shocking.

I'm sure it will take time for your son to feel safe, he is a child and they can't comprehend that some low life just needed stuff to sell for drugs or for cheap thrills and they violated his privacy.

it is sad but you will be there for him and get him through it.

Take care and hope you are ok also, I am sure it also unerved you.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Ow Deb that is horrid!! My heart goes out to you and especially your son, what a dreadful experience for him to have to go through. I just pray that he comes out of this stronger. You are all in my thoughts and I pray that you all get over this as quickly as possible.


Alixxx

4:07 PM  
Blogger LizN said...

Deb,

I am so sorry for you, hubs and DS. Give DS a big hug from me. Not everyone is bad, but the few rotten apples that are around can certainly shock you.

Hugs
Liz n

5:34 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is horrible, and such a waste of energy. I am sending you all some positive vibes.

Lisa
xx

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear this news Deb. At least you're there to protect your darling boy, that's all that matters. Love to you all. xx

9:31 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

That is so horrible!! I can't begin to tell you how much that angers me that someone can have that effect on other people. Your little boy will feel safe again, and learn that his parents will keep him safe and be there for him no matter what. I hope it happens soon xxx

9:14 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Hey Deb, I have just read this post, I am so sorry for your loss. I can totally relate to the whole not feeling safe in your house afterwards, I went through the same thing last year!!

Hope you son is feeling a lot better now, these things do take months to heal though.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home