Wednesday, May 16, 2007

1 week out comparison pics



My improvements in only 6 months!


This really shows the improvements I had made in six months, I only wish I had that size when i stood on stage. Somewhere between that day when this picture was taken, and exactly one week later when I stood on stage, I lost alot of size. I came into my comps really lean (8% bodyfat) and quite flat. This just means I need to carb load earlier, I may be leaving it to late.
My father couldn't believe it when I sent him the above picture plus others of that day. He just called me and said what happened? Although he is stoked with my condition and my achievements and how shreaded I was with great seperation and definition was, he was suprised to see how much size I had lost in just one week.
The whole comp prep, carb loading, water depleting etc is a learning experience that must take a few times to get right. But it's all good because I will know what to try next time :-)
I get my new program this Saturday, tailor made for moi. I can't wait.
Yesterday I eased back into my training. I just walked in without a plan and started from top (Shoulders) to bottom (calves). I took it easy and felt so amazing. I left out abs, saved them for today and did some cardio.
My rest really has been great for me. I feel so fantastic right now. My body feels great and looks better then ever now that I have a little more weight on me.
Plans, plans, plans! In amongst my very busy life at the moment I have many plans for my physique and where I want to take it etc. Will keep you informed of course.
I had a test last Friday. Stage 1 of the Cert III course. I put it on hold during comp prep due to my absent mind! Hopefully I will pass ;-)
I am really enjoying stage 2.
Deb xxx
P.s. Tracey, your comment was really lovely but I have to say I did suffer the post comp blues in a really big way last year. I think the first one is the hardest. I was a complete mess and Lia can confirm this! It's because of that I decided I needed a plan for this year and it has worked a charm. You will get past this hun. We are all here for you. :-)

12 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Thanks for that Deb. I think it is hard to get your head around the fact that you are not in the same shape you are for comp & the feeling of putting on that little more weight again is very hard :(

I am slowly getting there, I never imagined that it would be like this after comp, once again all the not knowing what to expect. Like you I shall be more prepared next time round, I am going to get a tan tomorrow night so that should make me a lot happier, & more toned :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Tracey, if only we could look that good all year round ;-)

Im not sure if this is the same for you, but after my first comp I was so afraid of putting the weight back on because I thought I could never look like that again.
But I could and did it ever better this time around.

You can do it again too :-) You did it once, you'll do it again. But not until your body has had time to recover. Enjoy your weight gain knowing that you have the power to take it off again for your next comp!

Hugs,

Deb

2:04 PM  
Blogger Di Broeren said...

Hi Deb
The final week is such an individual process and it is all about finding out what works for your body. I am still fine tuning my final week after 3 years of comps now, but I'm getting closer to hitting the mark every time.

Your improvement comparisons are fantastic. Can't wait to see the next round of improvements! You are so focussed I have no doubt you will outdo yourself again : )

Cheers
Di

5:10 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Debs,
Those comparison photos are amazing. The difference is awesome.
Fine tuning will make you a force to be reckoned with.
Andjxx

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

WOW Deb, must agree those pics are just amazing!! thank you so much for posting them, I have found them very inspirational!!! ( look at the muscle gain!!!) WOWWOW!!

Great to read you are going so well!!

Alixxx

10:59 PM  
Blogger Miss Positive said...

Wow Deb those pics are great... your back has widened so much! Spread them wings baby!

I guess its all a learning process, and you'll be more attuned to your body each time around. Its all so technical isn't it!!

Hilary xx

9:01 AM  
Blogger Janew said...

Awesome work on deveoping that much muscle in such a short period of time Deb! Your such a harder worker in the gym and with your nutrition and it definitely paid off :)

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

jane xo

3:50 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Those pics are amazing hun, Its amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it:)
Your amazing!!!!
Em:)

9:36 PM  
Blogger LizN said...

You look awesome Deb. I know what you mean about the carb loading. I didn't do it enough for Qlds and over did it at the Nats.

Now I know I need to do something inbetween.

Hugs
Liz:)

8:13 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

That's an awesome improvement in such a short time. As for the comp prep, my Coach and I are still fine tuning mine. I don't think you ever get to a point where you get one prep that works the same each year on account that your body has changed so much in a year and different factors affect it such as more muscle = different metabolic rate = your body responding differently than it did last time. I just think you get to read your body better the longer you are so aware of what changes take place.

Keep up the awesome work!! xxx

12:01 PM  
Blogger SeLiNa said...

Wow Deb, u can definitely see the difference, you're back is a lot wider!! Noice work!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jaime-lee said...

I was sitting here starving hungry due to starting diet this week and needed a bit of inspiration, turned to your blog and POW! hit me right in the kisser! LOL GREAT PHOTOS HUN!...really enjoyed the read x x

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home