Tuesday, October 16, 2007

WNBF Asia-Pacific Championships



I don't have any comp pictures yet, sorry guys :-( Fern has some but she is having problems getting them through, I have ordered the professional pics so they shouldn't take to long.

What a very long day the comp was. I know a lot of you already know my results but for those that don't here it is:

WNBF Asia-Pacific Championships: Ms Figure Open - Short Class, Runner Up!!

I still can't believe I even placed at this event, it was huge and the competitors were amazing, I freaked out when I went backstage and saw them lol.
It was a full house and there were 110 competitors. All were drug tested the day before but since i was unable to get there on the Saturday I was asked to come in 8am Sunday morning to register and pee in a cup. Then i didn't get on stage until 5.30pm, I think that was the time, it was all a bit of a blur by then. It's not easy trying to maintain your condition for that long either but it was a big show and you just do the best with what you can.

Fern and my father were looking after me, keeping an eye on me and they were the best thing in my world that day. Fern did my make-up, tan and pump-up. She saw me freaking out when i went backstage and saw the competitors, I'm such a stress head.
Prior to that I sat watching the show with dad and hadn't even seen Magda until I was pumping up! She looked awesome and should be very happy with her achievements, well done Mags :-)

There were 16 Figure Open girls competing. We were all lined up backstage from shortest to tallest and split into heights. The girls were so tall I was the second shortest lol, it was bazaar. Talk about amazonian's. I have never been in a short division before so it give you an idea of how big these girls were. I had 6 in my class, 5 in medium and 5 in tall class.

I recognised a few girls from the Melbourne INBA Nationals at this event aswell.

We filed on stage (short class only) and we went through our rounds, I was at the end of the line. After our rounds, symmetry and musclar we were shuffled around and I found myslf in the centre. We did the rounds again and then filed off. I came back on to do my routine which went well enough for me ;-) Not my stronge point unfortunately.
Then the short class waits for the presentation, the Med class comes on for there rounds and routines, then short class comes back for results. So in this time I completely talked myself into the fact that I had bummed out. I was thinking I had come in last or second last for sure.
So can you imagine when they were calling out the placings from 6th place, to 5th place and so on how excited I was getting everytime they didn't call my number.
When they called the third place and it wasn't me I then new I was second for sure (the winner was unbelievable and went on to win the overalls). When they annouced me as runner up you should have seen me, anyone would think I had of won lol. Gosh I need to try and control that lol, to excited, like a puppy.

I'm still on a high and still can't believe I came in second. I can't wait to see pictures i'm hanging to see them.

Having my father there on the day was a dream come true, gosh it was great. He is so proud, I can't even tell you how much he loved being there for me.

I have to thank my Dad and Michael Landy for bringing me to the show in my best condition ever!! And Helen White for helping me with my posing routine she is so incredible.
We did so many different methods throughout the entire comp prep, right up until the day of the show. I now know what works best for me and know that after a year off cutting down for a show and just concentrating on training to grow and eating to grow and with the knowledge I know have that next Sep/Oct I will be in even better condition and that is so exciting.

I will post some of my comp prep comparison pictures soon so you can see my improvements over the last 6 months.

We arrived home yesterday and my boys took me out for a lovely dinner. We had a massive hot and cold seafood platter with a bottle of chilled white wine.
Then we went home an opened up a bottle of french and I drank it with endless amounts of nuts, I was in heaven. I woke up this morning feeling pretty bloated lol, all the salt from the nuts was causing me to hold heaps of water but at least I look fuller. I went to the gym for a light cardio session to help ease the bloating. I was like a star when i walked into the gym lol, everyone was hugging and kissing me...too funny. But it was awesome at the same time.

I will wrap this up for now but will post again really soon.

Deb xxx

8 Comments:

Blogger Kie said...

Hi Deb,
Congrats on second place. I have just competed for the first time and I to felt I would get no where and when they called me up it took everything I had to control my excitement. Cant wait to see your pics once again congrats (o:
Kie xx

1:48 PM  
Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

I said it on Sunday and I'll say it again....CONGRATULATIONS sweetie. I am so stoked for you :) Enjoy some down time and I will see you soon xo

2:12 PM  
Blogger LizN said...

You are a superstar Deb :) Can't wait to see pictures :)

Big hugs
Liz;)

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just found your blog, looking forward to reading it!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your v-taper has come a long way in such a short time, well done! You've obviously been putting in the hard yards that's for sure Deb. Congrats on placing at a national competition you must be beside yourself. :o) xx

8:51 PM  
Blogger Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Deb, your back looks great! Am looking forward to seeing the rest of you! Well done on second place! Cheers, Charlotte

10:07 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

YOU GO GIRL!! can't wait to see more,

WOW look how much your back has improved, now I'm impressed ;))

Have a wonderful day,

Alixxx

7:25 AM  
Blogger Miss Positive said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEB!!!! That is awesome news, sounds like you had a full-on day, but all worth it, you are such a star!!!

Cant wait to see pics!

Hilary xx

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home