Wednesday, October 17, 2007

1 Week before the Comp



These three pictures are 6 months apart and all taken 1 week before the comp.

I have been feeling fantastic since Sunday. I couldn't help myself, have been back at the gym daily for light cardio workouts. I really love morning cardio and it is part of my post comp plan. I am eating well, small healthy meals every few hours and loving it. I can't wait to start weight training again. Generally I would not do any weights for two weeks but since Im off to Malaysia again this Decemeber I will have two weeks rest then. So I can start lifting again next week woohoo.

After competing in this last comp I really know where I need to focus on for next year. I really think I can do it now that I am giving myself time to do it in, instead of rushing to build muscle i the short time that I have had between my comps, should be interesting to see what next year brings.
At this stage (and don't old me to this as I have a tendency to change my mind lol) I will be sticking with the WNBF. So I will more then likely do the state show next Sep/Oct. I know the INBA is having the Nationals on the GC but I really don't want to jump from one fed to another. But, who knows where my head will be at next year so I will decide then.

Post comp it is important to have a celebration of course :-) but it is also important to try and limit your alcohol comsumption after the comps as it can very well help lead to depression.
I have had my celebration drinks which is great, but after my first comp I kept drinking almost at least a glass or two of wine every second night, I believe this leads to depression on top of the concerns I had about putting on weight. The first post comp experience was the scariest as I was afraid to put on the weight in fear I could never get to comp condition again. So with the added alcohol comsumption, I was falling into a very dark hole.
My second post comp experience was nothing like that as I had learnt to prepare for the after effects of the comp. I had a plan, stuck to it, and it worked.
So I do the same again now. It gets easier each time. I actually look forward to putting on a little bit of weight now. I will only drink grog on the weekends, once or twice a week max!

Fern sent me some pictures of the comp, I will have them up soon.

Take care,

Deb

3 Comments:

Blogger stacytoby said...

Deb you look great! Definitely fuller, and your shoulders look fantastic!!!!!

You should be so proud of yourself, everyone else is! :)

Stacy

12:47 PM  
Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

Great improvements hun, and you're coming in leaner and leaner each time :) I still sometimes worry about getting back into comp condition, but we've done it before and we sure as hell will do it again! xo

2:06 PM  
Blogger Janew said...

Great work with the comp Deb! More so you should be so proud of yourself for having a plan for post comp.!! Ive read so many blogs where the girls are falling apart after the comps. Scary stuff!!I agree on the drinking,I havent even competed and I also keep drinks to one day on the weekend.Better for you mind,body and soul!!

*BIG HUGS AND CONGRATES again on a comp well done* :-D

jane xo

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home