Tuesday, April 24, 2007

How do I feel?

Post comp feelings.......I have had time for things to sink in since Sunday. I am still so very happy to say the least with the outcome, I still can't believe it actually.

Im now in the process of getting ready for the INBA. I will be doing the Figure Open. I have to say that im not going into this comp with any added confidence because of Sunday, in fact if anything it's the opposite!

The Open division will be tougher. To date there are 6 competitors (Di being one of them) and unless the numbers hit 10 the division won't be split into height classes.

My intensions for competing in this class at the INBA are for a couple of reasons and that is to meet up with the girls and have fun, because it will be a while until I have the opportunity to do this again, and for stage experience, the more the better. I am curious also as to how I will stand up next to some of the best competitors on the day also. It's a different day, different competitors, different judges and body may be better or worse on the day. Too many variations to think about.

I don't know why I felt I had to post this, I guess it's because I didn't want anyone to think that I was now sure of myself or over confident or something along these lines. lol.....Im shaking in my boots thinking about it already. I already said this today to someone I respect very much..."I already had my day, I have no expectation for Sunday and I couldn't be happier".

So having poured all that out now I already feel better, I guess I just didn't want any pressure, I always put to much pressure on myself, it's time to back off a little and relax as I have already accomplished so much, I improved my physique within 6 months, now I need to have my well deserved fun.

Thank you to everyone for your awesome comments, I got so excited reading every one of them.

Deb xxx

P.s. I promise to post pictures as soon as I get the professional one sent to me, I ordered them on the day, it shouldn't take to long.

14 Comments:

Blogger LizN said...

Deb.

I think the main thing to take with you is to have some fun. No matter what happens on the stage, you'll have met some terrific gals, Di included. It's great to have such a support network.
I hope you have a ball!

Hugs
Liz;)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

You hit the nail on the head :-), That's exactly what I want.
Deb

2:34 PM  
Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

I'm going in with the same attitude. There's too many variables and who knows what this round of judges is looking for? We're just going to get out there and have a blast! xo

2:41 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Woohoo Alicia! Now im getting excited again :-)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Like Alicia said we are going to have a blast this weekend. Different federation, different judges, all will be good deb. I can't wait!!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Yes and lots of cheering :-)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb- when is the comp? Sat or Sun? If its Sunday, I might definately try to come down..? Do you need a ride and support for the day?

9:14 PM  
Blogger Sam W said...

Wow! 1st! Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!!!!

9:42 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Like my coach says, no matter who you are or what previous comps you have won, you cannot control who turns up on the day. The whole point of competing is to compete against yourself and to step onstage in better condition than you did the time before. There are too many variables out of our control... the judges, the other competitors, how our body reacts to the prep, etc. So instead of stressing about it, you just do your very best so that you can step onstage with no regrets and have the time of your life. I didn't place when I went in Open for WFF, but I learnt so much in that comp. I would never change it for the world. Just have as much fun as you do every other comp hon xxx

4:11 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Thanks Rae :-)
I completely know what your telling me. And again the same with my trip to the Nationals, I didn't place, but I would never change going for the world.
That comp allowed me to learn so very much about preparing myself for show day with thanks to Lia and Daniel.
I was able to bring that knowledge into this comp, priceless!!
I will go and have a ball on Sunday and gain more experience.
Hugs.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Honey it sounds amazing, I wish i was there to cheer you on, But don't you worry i will be there when you come down my way next:)
Congratulations on all your hard work it is really a true testiment to your dedication and your wonderful presents that you have on stage, shake or not your ana amazing women that deserved it :)
Em:)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi Deb,
You did amazingly well this past weekend and you sound like you really have the right attitude for this weekend as well.
I would love to come this saturday but I'm not sure about being at chandler for the entire day as mark is going to the mines again this Monday. I'll see what I can do though as i would love to come and see you girls.
You dont have any idea what time you'll be on at all do you?
Andjxx

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey deb- It is this Sunday right? If it is, I will see you there, and hope to say g'day this time. Go for gold girl- go for GOLD and rip it up!

Love
Shells xoo

10:39 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Well done girl - awesome results. Can't wait to be WOOP WOOPING from the audience this weekend! ;)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home