Monday, April 23, 2007

Comp Day

Gosh, where do I start?????

First thing I have to make mention of is the WNBF. They are a fantastic federation that really look after "every" competitor and they made us all feel so welcome.
Every single competitor was drug tested, even the sports models!! This makes it a truely Natural and fair federation.
We were all made to pose exactly the same way, again this make for fair judging. It wasn't easy but you just do it as best you can.
Danny Chau and his team did a great job on the first Australian Comp. Well done!

I arrived for rego and was told I was in Figure open short division. I almost said "what the?". I said that I was 166cms tall and I needed to be placed in the tall division as the cut off point is generally 165cms.
Sonia was lovely and agreed, so the changes were made. :-)

So that now meant 5 girls in my class.

The day was long and I only have one issue and that was my hair grrr. It gets dreamtan through it and it's gross. Plus I stuffed up my routine toward the end but just smiled it off and kept going lol. It really isn't that bigger issue at the end of the day.

So what was the result??

Im so pleased to announce that I came first. I still can't believe it. But I have to say my condition yesterday was fantasic and my inprovements over the last six months were unbelivable.

We filed on stage and I and I got the sever shakes again grrr, so hard to pose when shaking like that. I was right at the end of the line.
We did our sysmetry and poses and I shook the entire time.
We were then moved around a little and I was placed in the centre (I think). I then noticed I had stopped shaking. I this was my moment to try my hardest to look confident and strike good poses. It was going a lot better now.

I think I pulled through it well, I was just sooo happy with my condition yesterday and that was the best thing ever. I had to be better than last comp and I achieved it.

I spoked to Lia last night and this is what poured out from me. I told her that it was so hard to discribe how I was feeling, I couldn't put it into words.
I used to go to bed most nights fantasising and dreaming about that very moment, like any competitor does. It's a dream to aspire too. Then to have it actuall happen is another thing. I didn't "expect" to win yesterday.

Tracey was sooooo stunning on stage. She had a big line up and she stood out. Her bikini and hair were goregous and she had the whole package, just wait til you see the pictures.

Congrats to Alicia for placing third. You have improved so much and deserved it. I didn't get to see the routine :-(, I was pumping up backstage. You must be proud, im proud of you.

I almost forgot lol. I had to stay back for the overalls. I didn't win but in Josh's opinion I came second lol. It was fun regardless to experience this division.

I was the last to leave, getting home at 9.30pm. I washed my bikini and had a shower, cleaned off the dreamtan and without dinner hit the sack at 10.30pm. I needed to get up this morning for a lower body workout and a cardio session.

Im hoping I covering most of it.

Di, you are soooo gorgeous and you will be amazing next sunday on stage. Your looking incredible.

Talk soon,
Deb xxxx

22 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!

i am so pleased for you! Iwill be seeing you win again next Sunday!

12:14 PM  
Blogger LizN said...

I'm so proud of you Deb. Couldn't happen to a nicer (and more well prepared) gal. You totally deserved it and I can't wait to see pics.

Hugs
Liz;)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Janew said...

Yay Deb!!!!! Well done honey, you worked hard so winning is a great prize!

*hugs*jane

12:19 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

JUST FANTASTIC!! and I agree you so deserve it, AWESOME!!

Alixxxx

12:46 PM  
Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

You absolutely deserved your win Deb. I hope you heard me screaming from the wings!!! Matt took some great pics and you were by far the BEST on stage. See you Sunday xo

1:00 PM  
Blogger Kie said...

Congratualtions cant wait to see pics (-:

1:36 PM  
Blogger stacytoby said...

Fantastic effort Deb!! I am really looking forward to seeing pics, your win has inspired me even further to push myself! :)

Stacy

1:55 PM  
Blogger Maraina said...

Congratulations Deb! My heart's pumping and I'm so excited for you. You're brilliant. Keep up the great work!

Maraina
xxx

2:31 PM  
Blogger Sam D-M said...

Well done Deb, Congratulations!!

You worked hard and should be proud :-).... cant wait to see piccies

2:42 PM  
Blogger little rene said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Looking forward also to some pics :)

2:49 PM  
Blogger bev said...

Congratulations Deb.Well done.Cant wait to see photos.Its great to see a bodybuilding federation that tests everyone.Makes it a bit more fair.I'm more inspired now.
Bev
xx

3:05 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

The biggest congratulations to you Deb!!!! You deserve every bit of the first!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics....you looked fab last time so I am hanging to see the difference!!!

Congrats again!!! You go girl!!!

4:08 PM  
Blogger Magda said...

Just a little tear in my eye as I read your success story. Congratulations. You are always an inspiration.

Cheers

Magda

4:58 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Actually when I realized I had won I almost cried!!
Silly me lol

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb- You were so great on stage.. I loved every minute of watching you. So sorry I missed you too but I had to go. I can't wait to really meet you though. You have inspired me. Good luck next week- you rock!!!!!!! Love Shells

7:59 PM  
Blogger RaeC said...

Congratulations babe and thank you for sending me the text and letting me know how you went. As I said in my reply, I am so very proud of you!! YAY DEB!! xxx

8:09 PM  
Blogger Di Broeren said...

You looked so vibrant and glowing before the show - I can just imagine how glowing your were after your win!

Congratulations! You looked awesome. Looking forward to sharing next week with you.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats Awesome First place.
I bet your Family is so proud of you.

Good on ya Deb!

Mike

10:01 PM  
Blogger Shar said...

Well done Deb!! All your hard work coming together must be just amazing !!

Good luck for this week and next weekend. Some pics would be great when you get a chance to breathe!!

Shar x

12:34 AM  
Blogger Miss Positive said...

CONGRATULATIONS DEB!!!!!

Well done! Sounds like you really are living your dream, awesome news!!!!

Hilary xx

6:54 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Deb, I had an awsome time on the weekend, the WNBF made me feel so welcome for a first comp. You looked absolutely sensational on stage, shaun got some great pics & we also got a vid of your routine.

I will burn them to disk for you and give them to you when we catch up again this weekend.

A job well done, you deserved it!!

PS I stayed behind after the show & spoke to the judges, got some good comments from them, I am so happy at the moment.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Splice said...

Tracey said "I stayed behind after the show & spoke to the judges, got some good comments from them, I am so happy at the moment."

You don't know how happy you just made me with that comment.
Tracey you made my day.
You liked sensational on stage and I have learnt some grooming techniques from you. I will be wearing my hair up on Sunday (hopefully lol).
I can't wait to see the pictures!!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home