Monday, November 19, 2007

A fleeting moment of thought

I find I am analysing my food intake way too much these days. The feeling of a "need" to eat for a purpose (other then to live), such as a competition is what i'm missing. So now that I have no comp to eat for I am looking for something else, a reason to eat or not to eat certain foods.
I guess it comes back down to goals, motivation or direction, I "need" a reason not to over indulge, to keep me on track as much as possible.
So what it comes down to is that it really doesn't have to be a goal as big as a comp, it should be motivation enough to eat to be healthy, to maintain a weight that i'm happy with, to eat for energy so I can train hard and see great results. This is what I will work towards from now on.
It really does take time to switch over from on-season comp to off season.

I guess it's like with anything in life, if you don't have an aim or a passion for anything then it would be very difficult getting out of bed each day. We all set ourselves goals be it work or fitness etc, it is that drive that gets us out of bed each day and ready to take a step forward in our chosen direction closer to our goal.

I think to much!!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking's a good thing, don't ever change that aspect of your personality. You're thinking things through and makeing conscious decisions, there's nothing wrong with that Deb. Remember "look at the glass half full and not half empty." ;o)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Magda said...

I can really relate to this post Miss D. You may think too much (LOL) but you speak wisely.

Cheers

Magda

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

How true Deb! I seem to need a gaol, even if it's to get rid of post comp weight gain :) I would like to get to a place where passion for life and health are all I need for motivation, must say when I'm unable to fit into my clothes, I find that motivating :)

have a wonderful week

Ali xxx

6:44 AM  
Blogger Em said...

The purpose that gets me out of bed early is so i missout on the body slam from my DD hehe but daddy isn't that smart lol
You are one very wise chicky, and what you say makes so much sense :)
Em:)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Ursula Beck said...

Hi there, yes I did do all my prep myself, and it was tough, I read a lot on the net and asked questions from everyone I could. The hardest was just not knowing if what I was doing was right or not... So I was even more thrilled to win!!
Sounds like you need a holiday luv!! Tropical getaway that could be your focus.. When do you compete again? I would love to catch up when we come to Queensland. My husband and I are coming up for 2 weeks from the 1st to 14th June on holidays.. Can't wait, that will be my rest betweek comps..

10:51 AM  
Blogger Miss Positive said...

I think too much too!!! It must be difficult to switch from full-on comp prep, to off season straight away. Your new nutrition goal is a good one, one we should all stick to!

Have a great week

Hilary xx

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It must be hard to go from the highs and lows of comp prep and having such a drive towards those goals but remember also that life itself can be a drive, you have a family, you have friends, work and you have your health......you have two arms, two legs, feet, hands, your health etc, all of which are a privledge. You do have the privledge of being able to go for your dreams and achieve them so your drive can be for those who don't have that opportunity.

At least that is what I tell myself every morning!!!!!

Let us know whether you are going ahead with your breast augmentation and how you are feeling about that.

Hope you day brings about you feeling more positive.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Deb, I am guilty of thinking about things too much too. I tend to overanalyze things and then get paralyzed into being unable to make a decision (like what to eat, when I'm sure anything healthy would be fine). It drives me crazy! I think I'm still used to thinking about every little think that I put in my mouth like I did pre-comp, and finding it a bit hard to relax around food now. Good luck with it all.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home