Wednesday, October 31, 2007

High Blood Sugar Count



I spoke to my Mum yesterday, she had her annual check up and her blood sugar count is high. I'm worried about this and want to help her with any information I can get. She does need to lose weight aswell.
I'm trying to find out what sort of foods she should be eating daily. I know it's best for her to eat 6 small meals a day and to cut out the sugar which she has done already and her blood sugar count has dropped a little already but she is still way to high.

If I could find out the best foods for her to eat then I could write them down as a shopping list so she knows what to buy. It's so misleading shopping these days as the products are targeted as fat free all the time but the misleading part is the fact that the product still contains sugar. I really can't expect my mum to read and understand the nutritional information on the back of the product, this is where I want to help.

She also low in folic acid, and has other problems I won't go into right now but just want to get this under control first.

Any links or information would be much appreciated from anyone reading this.

Thanks,

Deb xxx

3 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte Orr said...

Hi Deb, glad you enjoy my posts :-) I'm not much of a diary keeper, so they are a good way of keeping my blog alive. Re the blood-sugar levels, if you encourage your mum to buy products that are labelled Low GI, they will help. Check out this website for more on the glycemic index: www.glycemicindex.com
There are books listed there that you might find useful.
Hope that helpls!
Cheers, Charlotte

2:18 PM  
Blogger Bug's Mumma said...

Try Diabetes Australia - they will have plenty of info to help with lowering blood sugar levels :) Hope your mum is okay xo

4:54 PM  
Blogger Splice said...

Thank you Charlotte and Alicia I will check both sites.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home